Please call our hotline to get help now.
- Local (409) 765-7233 or 409-765-HELP
- Toll Free 1 (888) 919-7233 – 888-919-HELP
The Resource and Crisis Center’s Hotline is the first step in seeking help for rape, sexual abuse or domestic violence. Through the hotline we can:
- Assist you in determining if you or someone you love is being abused verbally, emotionally or physically
- Help you build a safety plan, so you can find ways to be safe and be prepared to leave when the time is right
- Find emergency shelter, whether it is with us or another partner
- Give you access to counseling, so you can begin to heal from the trauma of rape, sexual abuse or domestic violence
The hotline is a point of contact for local hospitals or recent sexual assault survivors to get in touch with a hospital advocate to accompany a survivor to the hospital for a rape examination.
The hotline crisis intervention specialists are staff and volunteers trained to handle calls from sexual assault and domestic violence survivors, their families and allies. This hotline features a TTY number for the Deaf community, Spanish speaking operators and can use translating services to respond to calls from callers who speak other languages. You can call the Resource and Crisis Center Hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.