RCC Resale Store accepts gently used clothing, furniture, housewares, working electronics, books, records and many other items, which are sold through 3 resale shops.
The shops are located in Galveston County on Galveston Island, League City and La Marque. The hours are Monday – Saturday 10-6pm and Sunday 12-4pm. All profits from the shops support the Resource and Crisis Center of Galveston County.
There are however, items which we cannot accept due to condition, lack of resale value, size and weight. Safety is also very important to us, so we encourage our donors to be aware of potential product safety hazards. We also cannot sell items which have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission so we ask that you keep this in mind when making donations. For questions about these items, please visit http://www.cpsc.gov/ for further information. Whenever items are donated which we cannot use we must dispose of them, adding to our cost of operations and reducing the funds available for our programs.
Thank you for thinking of RCC Resale.
Information for Donors
Please remember that not all resale stores are affiliated with charities. Some resale stores are operated by for-profit businesses yet they solicit donations under the name of a charity. In many of those instances, very little, if any, of the money generated from those donations go to support a charity. If your desire is to support a charity, ask these questions of where you are considering making your donation:
- Will your donation be used to support a charity you are interested in supporting?
- Does the charity actually own and operate the store where you are donating?
- What percentage of the store revenue supports the mission of the charity?
RCC Resale shops are fully owned and operated by the Resource and Crisis Center of Galveston County. 100% of the revenues from RCC Resale are used in support of programs to promote the safety, well-being and best interest of victims of family violence, sexual assault and child abuse, and to advocate for the prevention of such crimes. For more information about our agency please click here.
Do’s and Don’ts of Donating to RCC Resale
A few things we hope you will keep in mind when donating your goods to RCC Resale
- Wash or dry clean clothing before donating.
- Bring us your “rags”. We can recycle your old, tattered, worn, and stained clothing and linens for cash. Let us know when dropping off your donation that it is for the “rag” pile.
- Make certain electrical equipment, appliances and battery operated items are working properly.
- Try to include all pieces of games, puzzles and other items.
- Do not donate furniture, mattresses and box springs* with stains, tears or pet hair.
- Do not donate items that are broken.
- Do not give items that have been or are subject to recall, banned or that do not meet safety standards. For further information visit the website for the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
* Mattresses accepted at RCC Resale – Galveston shop only. By state law, reusable donated mattresses and box springs cannot be sold. Reusable donated mattresses and box springs will be used primarily for clients attempting to set up new households.
**Antiques are an exception to all DON’Ts