Donations are received at all three RCC Resale Shops. Please refer to the store nearest you for hours of operation.
RCC Resale welcomes the donation of items in good, gently used and working condition. If you are unsure whether an item fits these criteria, a good rule of thumb is to ask yourself, “Would I give this to someone I know?”, or “Would I buy this item in this condition?”
RCC Resale does not set a value on your donation. That is the responsibility of the donor. For professional advice, please consult your tax advisor.
- Clothing—all sizes and styles for children, men and women
- Clothing accessories
- Shoes, boots, gloves, belts, purses
- Backpacks, tents, camping gear
- Bedding, curtains, drapes, linens
- Fabric, patterns, arts and crafts, yarn
- Household items—small appliances, blenders, toasters, dishes, glassware
- Books—hardbacks, paperbacks
- Cameras, projectors
- CD players, DVD players, radios, VCRs,
- Jewelry and eyeglasses
- Paintings and wall hangings
- Records, tapes, CDs, DVDs, VHS, BluRay
- Toys, skates, games, bicycles, tricycles
- School supplies, stationery, photo albums
- Mattresses and box springs and sleeper sofas (accepted at Galveston shop only)*
* Mattresses and box springs and sleeper sofas accepted at RCC Resale – Galveston shop only.
By state law, reusable donated mattresses and box springs cannot be not be resold. Reusable donated mattresses and box springs will be used primarily for clients attempting to set up new households.
Unfortuntely, there are certain items we are unable to accept for liability or health reasons. Please remember that we can only accept gently worn and re-usable items that are re-sellable.
We cannot accept
- Broken, stained or excessively worn furniture (Antiques are an exception to this)
- Recalled baby items http://www.cpsc.gov/
- Expired car seats
- Stained or soiled mattresses or box springs
- Stained or soiled furniture